Rum Baba Or Baba Au Rum

Rum Baba Rum Baba – Let’s Dig Into This French Delight !!! In the month of January, while vacationing in Goa, had this amazing dessert called "Rum Baba" at a French restaurant. You may think it's same as Rum Balls. No there is no similarities in both desserts apart from one ingredient that is rum. Rum Baba or Baba Au Rum (French name) is a yeast cake soaked in syrup made with hard liquor, usually rum. It was served to us with whipped cream, strawberry and 30 ml white rum. Yesterday I tried to recreate this dessert with whatever I had in my pantry. Ya presentation of my dessert sucks but trust me it tastes exactly the same or shall I say better 😜. A bit lengthy process though.  So here we go... Ingredients: For baba: 1. Butter:                                                                                           9 tablespoons 2. All-purpose flour:                                                                       2 cups 3. Sugar:                                   

Malai Kulfi



Malai Kulfi
Malai Kulfi

There is no love like Kulfi love in this hot season 💖💖💖

Malai kulfi today. It took me back to my childhood. After finishing off my school exams I would spend my vacations with my granny. One of many attractions to stay with her was kulfi. There was this guy who would sell some mouth-watering kulfies near to my granny's place. It was evening ritual for me and my cousins to have either kulfi or ice-cream or some chat. So today I tried to recreate my childhood memories. For making kulfi:

Ingredients:

1. Full cream buffalo milk
2. Sugar
3. Dry fruit powder
4. Saffron sticks

Method:

1. In a heavy bottom pan add full cream variety of buffalo's milk. I used approximately 2 litres of milk.
2. Bring it to boil. Reduce the flame. Now reduce it to 1/3 rd. Stir occasionally. Milk should not stick to the bottom.
3. Add few saffron sticks and little bit dry fruit powder. Stir well.
4. Now add sugar. You will need to be careful while adding sugar. As milk gets reduce, sugar is needed in small quantities. I have added around 1/4 cup of sugar. You can add more as per your taste. Don't add all the sugar in one go. Add in batches after checking the sweetness.
5. Transfer the mixture in another bowl. Let it cool down.
6. Now in a kulfi mould pour the mixture. Keep some space. If you don't have one use any metal container. Refrigerate for 10-12 hours or overnight.
7. While consuming, put container in water and then roll it between your palms. This way you can remove kulfi easily from the container. 


Malai Kulfi
Malai Kulfi made with mould
Enjoy this sweet sensation... 🤗🤗

My Most Popular Posts ...

Kalaslela Varan - Leftover Dal Recipe

Khava Poli or Khoya Roti

Potato-Corn-Cheese Sandwich