Rum Baba Or Baba Au Rum

Rum Baba Rum Baba – Let’s Dig Into This French Delight !!! In the month of January, while vacationing in Goa, had this amazing dessert called "Rum Baba" at a French restaurant. You may think it's same as Rum Balls. No there is no similarities in both desserts apart from one ingredient that is rum. Rum Baba or Baba Au Rum (French name) is a yeast cake soaked in syrup made with hard liquor, usually rum. It was served to us with whipped cream, strawberry and 30 ml white rum. Yesterday I tried to recreate this dessert with whatever I had in my pantry. Ya presentation of my dessert sucks but trust me it tastes exactly the same or shall I say better 😜. A bit lengthy process though.  So here we go... Ingredients: For baba: 1. Butter:                                                                                           9 tablespoons 2. All-purpose flour:                                                                       2 cups 3. Sugar:                                   

Winter Special Gajjar ka Halwa or Carrot Halwa



Gajjar Ka Halwa or Carrot Halwa
Gajjar Ka Halwa or Carrot Halwa

Winter Special Gajjar ka Halwa or Carrot Halwa in simplest way!!!!!

Winter season is almost gone here. But it's not too hot yet to call it summer. Today I made season's last "Gajjar ka halwa" before juicy, sweet and nice red in colour carrots vanishes from the market. Everyone from my family and specially my hubby loves it a lot. He has a sweet tooth ðŸ™‚. So, when I make it, I make it in good amount - minimum of 2 kg (carrots 2 kg). My recipe is super simple and you don't need to spend hours stirring your halwa.
So, what I do?

Ingredients:

1. Carrots:                                              2 kilograms
2. Full cream milk:                              2 litres
3. Sugar:                                                3 ½ to 4 cups (you can adjust as per your taste)
4. Ghee or clarified butter:                8 tablespoons
5. Dry fruits:                                         1 cup (you can add more if you like)

Method:

1. Wash, clean and peel carrots. Grate carrots. I use food processor or mixer grinder for this.
2. In a heavy bottom pan, add grated carrots and full cream milk. Turn on the heat. Keep it on high till milk boils. Stir continuously.
3. Turn the heat to medium. Let carrots absorb milk completely. Stir occasionally.
4. Add sugar. It will become little watery again.
5. Once milk is completely absorbed by carrots add good amount of ghee (clarified butter). Mix well.
6. Turn off the heat. Add dry fruits. You can add cardamom powder as well.




Your halwa is ready.

I enjoy it hot and you?

Comments

My Most Popular Posts ...

Kalaslela Varan - Leftover Dal Recipe

Khava Poli or Khoya Roti

Potato-Corn-Cheese Sandwich